2120 Valley Brook Road
Nashville, TN 37215
4 bedrooms, 4 full and 2 half baths
7,101 square feet
Private, gated in-town estate
Classic, 1940s architecture, completely updated
Splendid English gardens
Stunning pool and fountains
Beautiful, peaceful Valley Brook neighborhood
Dual entrances from Valley Brook and Woodmont Blvd.
5 minutes from Green Hills shopping
10 minutes from downtown Nashville
Valley Brook Estate is an in-town oasis of beauty and tranquility, reminiscent of Cheekwood.
This classic 1940s manor house has been expertly restored and updated, with British-influenced European design. Formal in style, but ultimately comfortable, the original architectural features were retained and the flow improved to enhance light and open space in the home. The grounds have been transformed into spectacular English gardens that center around the pool and fountains and extend throughout the property to each of the two gated entrances.
An entertainer’s dream, the estate’s large, open rooms, expansive gourmet kitchen and endless terraces framed by the pool and lush gardens can easily accommodate an intimate dinner for 12 or reception for 300.
Located in a walkable community in the heart of Nashville, Valley Brook Estate provides convenience as well as beauty.
- Gardens that provide focal points with color and interest throughout the year
- Large, deep-water, heated saline pool
- Enormous chef’s kitchen with an elegant French La Cornue range/cooker
- Sizable dining room with hand-carved frieze from a 16th century English manor house
- Expansive, beautifully designed owners suite – pure tranquility
- Award-winning vintage wallpaper in timeless patterns
- Original hardwood floors and custom trim, beautifully refinished
- 3 functioning, decorative fireplaces – 2 gas, 1 wood burning with gas lighter
- New double-paned custom windows, designed in character of original windows, with invisible screens, by Andersen
- Ample garaging and guest parking
- Comprehensive alarm system that protects all areas of the home and property
- Audio system with speakers throughout the house and outdoor entertaining area
- A broad, European-style foyer draws guests to an open gallery with floor-to-ceiling French doors that offer a breathtaking view of the pool and gardens.
- Guests move easily through the great room, kitchen, breakfast room, parlor, formal living room and sunroom/bar.
- The use of discreet French doors allows the rooms to be used individually or combined as a largely open space that flows from room to room.
- Sizable formal dining room with hand-carved frieze from a 16th century English manor house.
- Expansive formal living room with stately fireplace opens to a sunroom/bar with wall-to-wall windows that overlook the gardens and grounds. French doors open to a terrace leading down to the pool.
Ultimate gourmet kitchen blends great architecture and cooking features.
- The ceiling soars 16 feet to an enormous skylight.
- A vintage French La Cornue range/cooker is almost 6’ in length and includes one gas and one electric oven set below a range top with 2 gas burners and 2 electric burners, a Teppanyaki griddle-style cooking surface, a French cast-iron top with gas burner beneath, and a gas lava-rock grill.
- A commercial grade exhaust fan capable of handling anything the resident chef can create.
- Expansive counter space and different prep zones accommodate all cooks in residence with dual sinks (as well as an adjacent bar), Sub-Zero refrigerator, custom pantry with modular walls, and much more.
- Kitchen opens to the great room, with its striking vaulted ceiling and floor-to-ceiling half-crescent windows that frame an elegant, smooth stone, fireplace (wood-burning). Guests enjoy spectacular views of the pool and mature gardens, and a wall of French doors opens onto the arched, Mediterranean- style veranda that leads to the pool.
- Breakfast and family dining room with custom built-in cabinetry accented by vintage tone-on-tone wallpaper. Overlooks the pool and back gardens.
- Lovely guest room overlooks front garden and features the oldest of the home’s vintage wallpaper collection
- Full bath, sleek and timeless with large walk-in shower
- Half bath also features vintage wallpaper